Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mimosa for Men

    What do you think about most men's colognes? Boring? (Likely!) Exciting? (Not likely!) Bland? (More likely.) What is the purpose of a man's cologne? In most cases, the purpose is to make money for the marketer. Duh!

    But why buy a man's fragrance? Let me count the reasons. First, a gift from her to him. Does she really know what she's buying? Does she really LIKE what she's buying? The marketers have made it safe for her. Their fragrances are ever acceptable. No shocks. No surprises. No offense, unless he really pours it on and then everyone stands back a bit and hurries to get off the elevator.

    But what about buying a fragrance just for the pleasure of using it? When I created Mimosa I was searching for a (very slightly) offbeat theme for a woman's fragrance. I used a few less common materials along with the traditional. Not fruity and no citrus top note. Or aldehyde. And certainly not bubblegum.

    More earthy. More wide open, 19th century California coast (in my mind) or North Africa, or rural Spain.

    So it worked. Mimosa came out about the way I had envisioned it and, on a woman, while noticeable (as planned!) it smelled great -- so great that I found myself trying it, on myself.

    And I did not get funny looks from guys. The women were not exactly ripping my pants off but still, they were pleasant to me.

    And I enjoyed the scent.

    So here I was, with what was supposed to be a girly fragrance, using it myself without causing funny vibes. So what the heck, I thought, why not bottle it for men? Which is what I did -- in a 50 ml sprinkler neck bottle. It's the same formula as Mimosa for women but nobody is going to call you on that. It's unisex without a sex thought. Just a pleasure when you use it. Pleasure for you, with no bad vibes.

    And yes, you can wear it in an elevator or on a crowded train without fear of giving offense. It was intended to be that way. Now available -- Mimosa for Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment